Friday, August 19, 2011

Book Review: Radical Together by David Platt

1 comments
 
I received a copy of this book at no charge from the publisher for the purpose of review.

I just have to be honest. I loved Radical. It was an amazing kick in the pants kind of book. It really made me think long and hard about how I approach life and steward all that God has given us. When I saw shortly after that book that Radical Together came out I was pretty skeptical. I was thinking perhaps the publisher was squeezing all they could out of this popular book title and quickly got another one out.

However, reading the book proved me wrong. This was a good message. I was glad it was written. It focuses on community and the radical lifestyle. Where the last book focused mostly on individuals. It also addressed the issue of my fears about radical, those who would read it and feel guilt. I really liked that too. It was gospel centered and promoted gospel centered living. It was another really good read.

The questions you will ask after this book are focused on community. How are we using our resources as a community? How are we using our time? Are we using it all in the best possible way we can in order to spread the gospel and make disciples?

I really can recommend this book. It is a good read and something we all could read to evaluate how we approach community.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I have wanted to read both of these books too - better get signed up lol

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff